At Peopleplace, we place the highest importance on creative thinking and positive self-esteem. Here children are listened to with respect and affection and are encouraged to develop empathy and respect for others. We offer options tailored to meet the needs of Preschoolers, Toddlers, and Infants (parent-child). We also have afternoon programs (including kindergarten after-school care) and summer day camps.
Enrollment Forms are available here:
Please contact the school to receive information regarding scholarships.
The Infant Program
Our weekly facilitated playtime welcomes children under the age of two and their parent or caregiver. This engaging setting invites families of very young children to build a bridge from home to an early childhood community. The infant group meets during the school year on Wednesday afternoons from 3:30 to 5 PM.
- For children 1 1/2 to 3 Years, meeting 8:30-noon.
- Aftercare is available until 5:00 PM
- Class size is limited to 10 children
- Two teachers (plus one parent helper in the class)
The Preschool Program (3 to 5 years old)
Peopleplace provides developmentally appropriate learning for preschoolers, as well. Young children naturally seek out new direction and detail as they investigate their world. Our program allows for individual exploration, emphasizing problem solving, collaboration, listening to one another, and learning to engage in the meaningful exchange of ideas. These skills prepare a child for a successful experience in elementary school. Preschoolers enroll two, three, or five days per week from 8:30-noon. Early drop-off is available at 8:00. Extended days are available until 5:00 PM.
- For children 3 to 5 years, meeting 8:30- noon.
- Aftercare is available until 5:00 PM
- Class size is limited to 21 children
- Three teachers (plus one parent helper in the classroom)
. . . in the Afternoon
In a relaxed, open ended atmosphere children in the afternoon explore projects over time or play in groups or individually. Kindergarten children arrive on the bus to enjoy late afternoons with younger friends or siblings. There are multiple day options for enrollment as well as drop in care for the afternoon with a maximum group size of sixteen students with two teachers. Parents are always welcome at Peopleplace, but generally there are no parent helpers during this part of the day.
Children bring lunch from home.
Available as drop in
- Available as pre-registered with rates for lunch only, early afternoon or late afternoon
For rate information download the “combined programs and fees 2014-15″ posted above.
Kindergarteners and First graders: Program begins at 3:00. Children should bring a snack from home
- Cost is $8.50 per hour (drop-in) or $7.50/hr (pre-registered)
- There is a one time, non-refundable $35 registration/material fee charged for children not enrolled in the morning program.
- Pre-registration reserves a spot. Program fees are charged whether the child attends or not.
- For drop-in confirm with the office if space is available
. . . in the Summer
Summer@Peopleplace offers an enriching camp-style program, available by the week, which provides your child with a developmentally appropriate first camp experience in an environment that is fun and nurturing.
Our teachers are highly qualified and experienced early childhood educators. Families will recognize many of the camp staff from our school year programs. They work as a team to ensure your child feels welcomed, encouraged, engaged and inspired.
Themes or projects emerge from the children’s interests and developmental abilities, with large amounts of time devoted to water and sand play, walks in the woods, art, singing, dramatic play, and gardening. Visits to the beach, library, and local parks are woven into the weeks for our older campers. For a full program description download the brochure and registration forms posted above.
- Camp runs for 8 weeks, Monday through Thursday 9AM to noon or 3:30 p.m.
- Campers may enroll by the week, or for the full 8 weeks
- 3 to 6 year old campers may choose half or full days, 2 or 4 days.
- 18-3 year old campers are also invited to attend half or full days Monday – Thursday, 2 or4 days.